[linux-dvb] Re: MPEG-4

Nathan Whittacre writes:
 > Thank you for your response.  Are there any plans to implement the CI
 > protocol in the budget cards?  If not, for what reasons?  Also, what

For KNC cards we have written binary only drivers which are only used
in complete PC based STBs right now. They might be released in the
future. But I do not think they sell the CI adapters publically yet.

For TT budget CI cards there is no documentation available from TT.
As long as nobody feels the urge to reverse engineer it ... (I don't)

Twinhan has cards with CI but I think they also have not hit the
retail market yet (at least not in Germany). When that changes either
the existing reverse engineered drivers will have to be extended to
handle CI or maybe Twinhan will release docs after all?! Also not
really urgent right now.

Ralph