[linux-dvb] Re: Generating progressive video

Hello Juha,

On 02/17/04 08:50, Juha Pahkala wrote:
for example, i have a siemens dvb-c card with hw decoder. and i have a
g400. i'd like to use the onboard hw decoder when decoding mpeg streams,
but i don't want to use the tv-out of the siemens card since that prevents
me from using any other software than vdr on that machine. so in my
dreamworld there'd be a library that all of these projects could use that
would enable this.
In that case you exactly want what Michael wants to do. 8-)

But please see my other mails to read about the disadvantages the av7110 decoder has.

now the disclamer. in real world, i _do_not_ know what i'm talking about.
i have absolutely no idea how this could be accomplished.
If you want to use your g400, then use "libsoftmpeg" and output the interlaced frames through the tv-out. On a normal tv-set, this wouldn't change the visual experience.

If you like to use a beamer with progressive input, you need to add de-interlacing in software (cpu horsepower needed...) and use a chipset with progressive output (I just confirmed that the cle266 can output progressive) or make sure that the g400 outputs progressive frames (don't know if the hardware can do it).

juhis
CU
Michael.