[vdr] Re: Poll: DVB-C Analogue-Module - Do you want driver support?

Hermann Gausterer wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:09:36PM +0100, Andreas Kool wrote:
> > My vdr-analogtv-0.0.2.tar.bz2 is a VDR cDevice. That means Klaus have
> > to do exactly nothing. You can tune to any analogue channel via VDR-menu,
> > you can record any analogue channel - everything VDR can do with a DVB-card
> > is possible with analogue channels too :-)
>
> cool ... what about a lirc hook that is controlled by vdr
>
> i main you select a channel -> it is a analog sat channel -> it tels
> lirc about that -> lirc tunes the analog sat receiver to that channel
> -> the recording can begin :-))

Take a look into the 'sky' plugin that comes with VDR - it does exactly that ;-)
Note that it is up to the individual cDevice plugin how the channels have to be
set - some can do this by calling ioctl(), others may need LIRC to control an
external STP via infrared...

Klaus