[vdr] Re: mp3-0.9.9 with vdr-1.3.19

On Sunday 06 Feb 2005 18:09, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 12:11 +0000, Laz wrote:
> > Now that I've remembered that the mp3 plugin can use oss for output, I've
> > enabled that and that works fine, so the problem must lie in th stream
> > passed to vdr for output via an output device or in the way vdr handles
> > that stream, or in the way the dxr3 handles the stream...
>
> Hm, are you able to use the DXR3 audio out with OSS while VDR configured
> to use it too?  I get:
>
> vdr[26643]: ERROR: Cannot open dsp device '/dev/dsp1': Device or resource
> busy! vdr[26643]: ERROR (player-mp3.c,1609): Device or resource busy
>
> I guess it works (based on looking at the OSD progress bar) when I point
> the MP3 OSS output to a sound card's /dev/dsp, but I don't have anything
> plugged to it so I can't verify ATM.

I'm using the OSS output of my soundcard: to start with, I was loading the
em8300 amd bt865 modules before ALSA and the DXR3 was grabbing /dev/dsp.
Trying to lpay anything through it with vdr running gave the Device or
resource busy error. Loading ALSA first lets me use /dev/dsp as the output on
my soundcard. This is how it works for me, and looks like it does for you,
too, from what you say.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index