[linux-dvb] Re: SkyStar2 rev. 2.6B/2.68 with other tuner(Samsung) than SkyStar rev2.3?

Salve,
Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2003 23:53 schrieb Holger Waechtler:
> Can you please tell us what frontend and demodulator chip is soldered on
> your card?

I have borrowed a SkyStar2 from a friend and it is still on my todo to check
if it will run (@Nico thank you for recording the EbS software pantents
stuff). First Szczepan was not shure if the board layout is labeld with 2.6B
or 2.68  I would say this is a B, also some sat shops speaks from 2.6B

Bord label:
Model: SkyStar2
P/N 92105-20002
REV: 2.6B

B2C2 chip labeled with:
B2C2
B2C2INC.Com
FlexCop II
T2285-02
2CEV37129.1
0044 CO USA

How is it possible to find out which tuner is used? Without opening the tuner
box?
Ther are black dots letter on it:
TBMU24112IMB1	030418	BAAATB

Szczepan, maybe you can write the details of your card as detailed as I did.

Of course I will test it and send you how it works
Greetings
rob

PS: Do you see a chance that Technisat sells the card with an linux driver in
future?
Or with an live linux CD like Knoppix?
And what do you think to stream Knoppix or Deabian once a week (for example on
weekends mornigs)? Than would it be enough to by this card and to install the
GNU/Linux system by an DVB-S datacast. Every update would be made via
Satellite, too. Wouldn`t this the real meaning of Free Software?
*g*
You will answer, how to financiate this - well why should not a satellite
datacasta support this or on of the Satellitprovider (Astra, Eutelsat in
Europe) themself?
And would it possibe to missuse a TV-chanel for datacast?
Great would it be when a test picture would be still broadcasted but behind
95% of the bandwide used for datacast during the night :)