[linux-dvb] Re: Using dvb-kernel and bttv 0.9.x in parallel on 2.4 (Re: Re: overlay-problem -> pci-latency)

Hello Michael,

phew - now after 42 hours of hacking i'am online again to read your answer...i
felt like Odysseus ;-)

I upgraded to 2.6 in meantime, got dvb-1.1.0 working but also i got already
some oopses in saa7146, can send you the trace if that brings something.

After such an oops (which usually originates using kvdr) the modules can't be
unloaded anymore and the screen stays black. I need to reboot completly :-((

Over all stability seems not so good as before :-(

During my tries with the 2.4 kernel i managed to render the v4l-subsystem
completly useless and that's why i went to 2.6 now.

The v4l is now working smooth again, and after i figured out that the
alsa-snd-bt87x module does not work as a replacement for btaudio i got mp1e
also working.

BTW - i wonder why i now need to load dvb-core, dvb-ttpci, saa7146, saa7146_vv
and ves1x93, with dvb-1.0.1 i had only loaded dvb-core, dvb-ttpci and
alps_bsrv2 - do i load the wrong modules?

Am Sonntag, 22. Februar 2004 14:08 schrieb Michael Hunold:
> Hello Guido,
>
> On 21.02.2004 21:28, Guido Fiala wrote:
> > Unfortunately i can't get bttv and dvb working at once together - both
> > compile now, but whether dvb-ttpci.o complains about missing externals
> > videoregister/unregister or bttv.o does so.
> >
> > But i need both at once - what's so difficult here? (The last driver i
> > could get working here is dvb-1.0.1.)
>
> The problem is that 2.4 is Video4Linux-1 and dvb-1.0.1 was
> Video4Linux-1. Using bttv 0.9.x with Gerd Knorr's patches on 2.4, you
> need to make sure that the shared files are compatible.
>
> The easy way is to simply use 2.6.

Easy??? ;-))

> I just noticed that with latest patches from Gerd Knorr and dvb-kernel,
> kernel oops happen. I commited a fix to CVS and tried to build a new
> kernel with bttv and dvb-kernel.

Does that mean i should download the cvs-version of dvb again?

Many thanks for your help so far!

Guido