[linux-dvb] Re: transport errors & femon

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:18:03PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I'm working on it. I've got a simple programming running which accepts
> the MPEG-2 TS frames and checks the error bit, but I haven't made it
> fail in the same way yet. Obviously the exact I/O pattern from myth is
> fairly difficult to observe.

I just found something interesting. With the Avermedia card (sp887x
plus dvb-bt8xx) I just bought I find that almost any channel change
results in errors. It happens even when I change channel to the same
channel!

So I'm watching channel 2 OK, and then I tell Myth's live TV
to switch to channel 2. The backend does not perform any retuning of the
DVB card, but starts choking with MPEG2 TS continuity errors, but
no transport errors. The backend checks if you are switching to the same
channel and doesn't touch the front end nor start/stop the demux.
Must be a Myth bug then.

I have been seeing transport errors too but this issue seems dominant
now so I'll get back to that one...

Hamish